UIUC On-Line registration via modem
Here are the steps to using on-line registration via dial-up:
- Establish a PPP or SLIP connection.
- Start NCSA Telnet and log onto your student account.
- Start the Telnet application (you may need to find it first - look in the Netscape folder
inside the "Helper applications" folder).
- Select "Open" from the File menu
- Select and delete whatever text is in the "Host/session" box.
- In that Host box, type:
students.uiuc.edu then click the Connect
- When you see "Login:", type your login account name
- When you see "Password:", type in your login password.
- If asked about "terminal type", just push the Return key.
- When you see the system prompt, type:
- At this point, you should see the same registration
screen as you would see if using an on-campus computer
directly on the campus network.
- When all done, exit the registration program.
- At the prompt, type:
- Select "Quit" from the "File" menu.
Look at other "how to" documents on the LRS.
Last modified: 6 Nov 1995
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org