Creating a Scatter Graph in ClarisWorks
Open ClarisWorks and choose Spreadsheet
- Click in cell A1 and type a title for the chart. Press return.
- In Column A type names for each trial (first, second, ... or
Trial 1, Trial 2, ...)
- In Cell B1 type a label for your numerical data (Drops of Water,
Number of Drops, ...)
- In Column B record your numeric data
- Select all cells with data by clicking in Cell A1 and dragging to
the bottom right.
- Under the Option menu choose Make Chart. Choose Scatter and
remove the color check. After clicking OK your graph should look
something like this:
- You may now modify your chart to make it easier to read and interpret.
For example: Change the y-axis to begin numbering at 0 by double clicking
on it and setting a minimum and maximum.
Change the symbol by double clicking on the legend symbol. Experiment with
- When you are finished, save your document on your disk.