- River Web
- "Through harnessing advanced comuting and communications technologies,
RiverWeb seeks to construct interdisciplinary, digital knowledge networks
for the Mississippi River Basin, and other major river basins, with the goal of
empowering citizenry to participate more actively in managing the watershed
resources during the next century." Includes a link through Projects to MapIt!, an
experimental, Java-based GIS Viewer.
- Water Resources of the United States
- "The Illinois State Water Survey, a division of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, is the primary agency
in Illinois concerned with water and atmospheric resources. Water Survey research and service programs assess
and evaluate the quantity, quality, and use of ground, surface, and atmospheric water resources in the state."
- Illinois Natural Resources Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- "This site is a gateway to GIS data and imagery for Illinois geology, hydrology, natural history, conservation,
environment, land use, Public Land Survey, and infrastructure. These data have been made available by
several divisions of the Illinois DNR and address such topics as groundwater, wells, mines, geologic
materials, nature preserves, wildlife areas, administrative and political boundaries, roads, census information,
and many others."
- Illinois Natural History Survey
- This page gives you links to the centers for biodiversity, entomology,
aquatic ecology, and wildlife ecology.
- Groundwater: Nature's Hidden Treasure
- Canadian groundwater unit with the followings sections: What is groundwater?, Groundwater in
Canada, Groundwater Quality, How we contaminate groundwater, Safeguarding our groundwater
- Water Quality Issues
- From the Texas Environmental Center, Water Quality Issues. Includes an encyclopedia of water terms.
- Water Quality Topics
- Florida Agricultural Information Review. Includes definitions of contaminants, chlorides,
fluorides, nitrates, etc.
- GREEN home page for Water Quality
- Global Rivers Environmental Education Network. Links to gopher sites dealing with water
quality issues around the world, information about student based water quality monitoring,
heavy metals monitoring and other "inovative educatinal methods."
- Edwards Aquifer Homepage
- Research and Data Center from SW Texas State University. Numerous photos of the aquifer,
historical information dealing with settlement near the aquifer, movies describing
aquifers and recharging.
- Illinois Water Survey
- Home Page for ISWS. Links to the survery's Atmospheric Sciences, Chemistry and Hydrology
- Groundwater Transport and Remediation Grand Challenge
- Color chart of Hydrologic Cycle and Groundwater Contaminants.
- Water Resource Research Center
- Links to current research and information regarding water issues.
- US Water NEWS
- The latest news concerning water and water issues from around the country.
- Office Of Wetlands, Oceans & Watersheds
- A wealth of information on water related topics.
United State Geological Survey Links
- Top level of United States Geological Survey. Contains links to numerous water resources.
- Water Resourses Division-Illinois District
- Linked to the USGS. Contains specific information about Illinois water resources and
- Illinois Flooding
- USGS page with graphs comparing current river levels in IL with 1993 flood levels.Includes
the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers.
- Information about IL water resources from the Water Resources Division of the USGS.